hksbmb 2007 meeting, and a Logo, Motto, Song competition
for the Hong Kong Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
|On-line registration for Dinner and File Uploads are available at the end of this page.|
|Application for Membership Registration for Dinner Upload of Files|
Dear Members of hksbmb,|
I wish to announce a hksbmb 2007 meeting, and a Logo, Motto, Song competition for the Hong Kong Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, please ask you students/staff members to consider joining the society meeting and the competition.
Entry to the competition is open to all members of the Hong Kong Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, including undergraduate and postgraduate students, staff members and honorary members. winners will be presented with an award at the 9 March dinner.
The deadline for entrance of the hksbmb Logo, Motto and Song competition is 28th Feb, 2007.
Guidelines of the LOGO, Motto competition are as follows, please submit the items in a CD to the following address or email to Mary Waye or Shannon Au (firstname.lastname@example.org):
hksbmb, c/o Prof. Mary Waye
MMW Bldg, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
The prize winners will be presented with prizes at the dinner after the meeting on 9 March 2007 at the Mong Man Wai Building CUHK, 7th floor, LT2 from 4:30 - 6:15 pm
4:30-5pm Annual General Meeting
Introduction of Society Members
Announcement of Logo prizes
5pm-6pm Keynote speech (co-host with Dept. of Biochemistry, CUHK)
Title: Bacterial genomes and Campylobacter jejuni pathogenesis
Speaker: Voon L. (Ricky) Chan, Ph.D
Department of Medical Genetics and Microbiology
University of Toronto
Symposium of the Hong Kong Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
6pm-7pm Short talk(s) and Poster presentation
7pm Banquet (Chung Chi Colege)
(Free for active members of 2007)
Presentation of Logo/Motto/Song prizes
Mission Statement: The Society exits to invite speakers from Hong Kong and outside of Hong Kong and to foster and encourage participation in activities in order to promote the knowledge of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology among its members.
The logo, motto and song must be identifiable directly to the Hong Kong Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
* The logo, motto, and song must be original work of the submitter.
* The logo should be vector graphics, not a bitmap image.
* The logo should be usable in monochrome and color media, including limited colors (say 2 or 3 colors).
* The logo can be any design as long as it does not exploit or offend a person's sex, race, religion, morality, culture or is not salacious or pornographic.
High resolution print-ready scalable vector format such as portable EPS, SVG or Adobe Illustrator AI.
* JPEG or PNG thumbnail with a resolution of 640 x 480.
* Both Chinese and English mottos can be submitted by email it to email@example.com and the subject line should be "hksbmb Logo, Motto and Song Competition".
* Design concept / description for both logo, motto and Song.
* Submitter's full name, contact number and email address.
* Hong Kong Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (hksbmb) will acquire ownership of the winning logo and motto (both in Chinese and English) by assignment of copyright, and the winning designer will disclaim any trademarks and without limitation all other rights related to the design.
* By submitting a logo, motto or song(both in Chinese and English) for entry in the competition, the designer acknowledges that he/she is the person that made the logo or motto (both in Chinese and English) and is its rightful owner.
* The designer also certifies that the logo, motto, and song (both in Chinese and English) does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and that it does not violate any copyright.
* Designs will not be returned to the designers.
* No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
* Any submission which does not satisfy the above "submission format" will be ignored without any warning.
The winning designs will be selected by a selection panel of the Hong Kong Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (hksbmb).