The Programme goals and visions are
- To enhance and update students' knowledge in Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences.
- To give students a comprehensive training in the state-of-the-art techniques and methodologies used in Biochemistry and Biomedical Technology.
- To provide students the skills on research, analytical and innovative thinking, in addition to the integration of theory and application.
- To cultivate the ability of critical thinking, a proactive and responsible attitude and efficient communication skills for high competitiveness in further study and career development.
With the Programme goals and visions, graduates of the BBMS Programme are expected to achieve the following Programme Learning outcomes (PLOs).
PLO A: Professional Skills
1. Acquire a sense of professionalism and work independently with good communication, analytical research and technical skills.
2. Develop themselves as a good researcher in life science.
3. Adapt to the changing social and research environments and to stay competitive in job markets and fields for further studies.
PLO B: Knowledge Outcomes
1. Abroad-based core covering biomolecules, molecular biology, cellular biochemistry, metabolism, bioinformatics, proteins and enzymes.
2. Basic principles and methodologies of recombinant DNA, genetic engineering, and biomolecules characterization.
3. In depth understanding of selected advanced areas, e.g. clinical biochemistry, biotechnology, genomics and proteomics, etc.
PLO C: Generic Skills
2. Critical thinking
3. Teamwork and team spirit
4. Perform quantitative analyses
5. Use of information technology
6. Analytical skills for problem solving
7. Communications, oral and writing skills
PLO D: Research Skills
1. Aware of the latest developments in biochemistry and biomedical sciences
2. Able to design experiments to test hypothesis
3. Able to write research proposal and report
4. Acquire self-learning capability
5. Able to do biochemical assays
6. Able to apply knowledge
PLO E: Attitudes/Values Outcomes
1. Fully understand the importance of academic honesty that forms the foundation for scholarship and intellectual ownership
2. To be a whole person and citizen with honesty and integrity
3. Able to adapt changing environment in the society